Friday, October 3, 2014

Forget Me by K.A. Harrington

* * *



An edge-of-your seat psychological thriller with a romantic twist

On the three-month anniversary of her boyfriend Flynn’s death, Morgan uploads her only photo of him to FriendShare to get some closure—but she’s shocked when the facial recognition software suggests she tag him as "Evan Murphy." She’s never heard of Evan, but a quick search tells her that he lives in a nearby town and looks exactly like Flynn. 

Only this boy is very much alive.

Digging through layers of secrets and lies, Morgan is left questioning everything she thought she knew about her boyfriend, her town, and even her parents' involvement in this massive web of lies.

Forget Me is a delicious little mystery that grabbed my attention from the beginning. I especially enjoyed the first few chapters as Harrington* describes Morgan’s bewilderment and sense of betrayal. She saw her boyfriend Flynn die and believed him to be dead. Creepy, right? Let's just say that the worst punch to the gut is nothing compared to all the chaotic emotions rumbling through her.

Morgan and her best friend Toni start their own investigation. First up in the plan, they’ll have another friend Reece invite this lookalike Evan to a party that Reece is throwing. On neutral ground they should be able to safely check him out and determine if there’s a greater mystery. It doesn’t go smoothly as it turns out that Evan has questions of his own.  Despite the circumstances surrounding their introduction and any misgivings they have, they agree to team up to solve this case. What they encounter are more lies, suspicion and cover ups. Getting used to working with each other and building trust is hard enough. It gets tougher and more hazardous when it seems like everyone they know has things to hide and needs desperately to be left in the dark.

I was quite pleased by the time Forget Me came to its conclusion. There may have been some things I was able to predict but there were also a few twists thrown in for good measure. I was completely thrown by a smaller mystery that was introduced half way through the story.  I enjoy psychological mysteries but don't get the chance to read them too often. Forget Me took care of my craving so I'm good for a while. If you're wanting something quick and suspenseful, add this to your list!

~ Bel


Author K.A. Harrington is also known as Kim Harrington.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you liked it. It is on my wishlist and I had downloaded a sample and read it. It seemed intriguing so I am still mulling it over.

    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I enjoy stories like this where the protagonist has absolutely no idea what's going on and as a reader, you feel like you're in this together. (Side note: this is the same reason I think the first Maze Runner book is the best out of the series.) It's a quick read too so I do hope you go for it. It was a nice change of pace for me from some other stuff I had been reading. Thanks for stopping by! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete