Thursday, May 21, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #29

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review

That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend it's us ;)


What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?



*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

My pick this week is from Sweet by Tammara Webber. There are so many excellent quotes to choose from but this one is by far my favourite because it encompasses what Boyce and Pearl's relationship has been about from the beginning -- protecting and looking out for each other. Not that they can't take care of themselves. It's just that sometimes your friends can see things a bit more clearly and they're there for you no matter what. Here they're discussing why Boyce isn't fond of Pearl's controlling ex.

If you haven't read Sweet yet, you should! I'll have a review coming soon.  ~ Bel




"I may be jealous, but jealousy isn't why I don't trust him, " I said, and she turned her face to mine. I wanted to fall into the deep wells of her eyes. "I protect you, Pearl. It' s just what I do."

~ Boyce to Pearl
Sweet (Contours of the Heart #3) by
Tammara Webber

   

      Sweet (Contours of the Heart, #3)
   
  



5 comments:

  1. Boyce sounds so sweet, I have to meet him soon! Makes me wonder if he's just as great as my Lucas ❤

    Melissa @ The Reader and the Chef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! I don't know if anyone can compare to Lucas but we'll give Boyce the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote! I don't know if anyone can compare to Lucas but we'll give Boyce the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so much about this series. Maybe it's about time I pick it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boyce is pretty great. Rin, you should check out this series - it's incredible! Julie S, yeah it's hard to keep up with Lucas. And Melissa, looks like we'll have to fight over Lucas ;) Thanks for stopping by! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete